The introduction course teaches the basics of CNC milling. The participants get to know the entire process in order to be able to implement their own projects with a CNC milling machine. The course is suitable for all levels of knowledge. By participating, you will receive an official permission to use the CNC in the FabLab independently in the future.
In our FabLab we have 2 CNC milling machines that employ computerized controls and rotating multi-point cutting tools to progressively remove material from the work piece and produce a custom-designed part or product. They can work with 2D and 3D models. For fixation of the material on the platform we use screws. Achievable accuracy better than 0.1 mm (exact values still have to be tried).
- How does CNC milling work?
- Which file formats are required?
- What tools are there?
- Which materials can be processed?
- How is the CNC milling machine operated?
- What CAD / CAM programs are there for the workflow?
- Which milling process is suitable for what?
- Which security guidelines have to be observed?
Maximum participants: 10 participants
Minimum participants: 3 participants