The introduction course provides the basics for operating the laser cutter. The participants get to know the entire process to laser their own objects. By participating, you will receive an official permission to use the laser cutter in the FabLab independently in the future.
In our FabLab we have two laser cutters. They can cut through material and engrave. Cut lines must be available as vector graphics (path, curve). Laser machines come standard-equipped with servo motors, thereby ensuring your end product’s stability. In addition, the laser tube is chilled by a closed and alarmed water cooling system. The operating precision is ± 0.1mm.
- How does a laser cutter work?
- How do you engrave/cut/scan?
- Which materials can be processed?
- Which file formats are suitable?
- Which programs can be used?
- How is the laser cutter operated?
- How to prepare a correct file for the laser cutter software?
- Which security guidelines have to be observed?
Maximum participants: 10
Minimum participants: 3